Twinning Visit 2014
The list of visitors for 2014 has arrived and we are sorting out who can host and placing everyone.
We will contact you, when we have sorted this out.
Apologies in advance, to those who are disappointed, but please do come and join us for the activities over the weekend.
This is the itinerary for the weekend
Friday 27th June
- 13.15pm – French Colleagues arrive Portsmouth
- tba – French Colleagues do something entertaining or diverting
- 17.00pm – French Colleagues arrive Cricklade
- 17.30pm – Civic Reception hosted by Town Council at the Cricklade town Hall
- 18.30pm – Evening with families
Saturday 28th June
- 08.30 – Depart for Cotswold visit
- 09.30 – Visit Stow-on-the-Wold
- 11.00 – Arrive Batsford
- Picnic lunch – Café – Shop etc
- Optional visit to Arboretum (free)
- 14.00pm – Arrive for Hook Norton Brewery tour (free)
- 16.30pm – Return to Cricklade via Burford & Bibury
- 18.00pm – Arrive Cricklade – Evening with families
Sunday 29th June
- 12.00noon – Cricklade Walk
- 13.00pm – BBQ at Brook House and Beer festival
- 18.00pm – French Colleagues leave Cricklade
If you haven’t already done so - we need to know how many members would like to come to Hook Norton, how many will come to the Civic Reception and how many to the BBQ. So please let Celia Binfield, 98 Deansfield know whether you will be attending any of the events. So if you plan to attend - tel 01793 751137 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are coming to Hook Norton discretely let us know because there is a big discount. Thanks
Cricklade Festival Stall 2014
15th June – Fathers’ Day
We will do a stall at the Cricklade Festival. The Festival is on 15th June which is Fathers’ Day and this year we are celebrating the Swinging Sixties.
We will be doing a bottle stall as we have for the last few years. You will find us in the High Street next to C&R Grocers
Can you help by doing a stint on the bottle stall?
Can you help by donating a bottle or two?
Can you help set up – if so pop along at about 8.30 or check with Jane – your humble editor will be there.
If so can you let Jane know or drop your bottles off with Jane Whinfrey at the Town Council Office.
Safari Supper 2014
Saturday 27th September
The social event for the end of the year will be a Safari Supper, lots of fun and a good way of getting to know other members. Please note the date has shifted seven days, The cost will be £10.00
Saturday 22nd November
We will make this a fun end of year event Our favourite caller Mr Tickles will be back again.
We will also be doing this jointly with the Tennis club.
The cost will be £10.00 - the venue will be the Town Hall
The next Committee meetings are:
- Monday 23rd June at Chris's House at 8pm
- Monday 14th July at Jane’s House at 8pm