Play Your Cards Right
A new event for 2013 - based on the old Bruce Forsyth TV game but adapted to more participation. If anyone can help, we do need one of those magnificent card turners (Dolly Dealers but that is no longer PC).
The event is on Saturday 20th April at 7.30pm in the Jenner Hall.
Tickets will be £10.00. To book please contact Yvonne Keeble on 01793-751963 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will provide you with a hot supper - you will need to provide your own drinks and glasses.
Any raffle prizes would be welcome.
Presentation to the Welcome Club
Celia Binfield ably assisted by her brother (responsible for the technical aspects and barracking) delivered a talk on the life and soul of Cricklade Twinning which was well received.
Summer Youth Camp 2014
Sucé took the initiative in proposing a youth camp in Sucé – the idea is to have 8 from Cricklade, 8 from Bliesranbach and 8 from Sucé.
For various reasons especially time, we couldn’t get it going for 2013, but would like to use a longer run in for 2014.
Please if you are interested or know someone who would be interested. Please contact me or get them to contact Chris Faulkner by emailing email@example.com or call 07710075406.
AGM and Skittles Evening
The AGM was conducted swiftly with all officers re-elected.
We then moved on to skittles and chilli. It was a good evening with Debbie Dawson winning the skittles.
Thanks to the Bowls Club for allowing us to use their premises, despite our Chairman’s seeming inability to spell Bowls.
Thanks also to everyone who produced food for the evening and helped clean up afterwards.
h2>Twinning Visit 2013
The Twinning visit will soon be on us – it will take place over the weekend of 23rd to 27th of May – the Spring Bank Holiday. If you haven’t already signed up there are still a few slots available – all you have to do to sign up is let Celia know and pay a deposit of £25.
The basic itinerary (subject to fine tuning) is:
- Thursday 23rd May 5pm (possibly a little later) leave Cricklade for overnight ferry Portsmouth to Caen
- Stop at Bayeux for lunch and visit
- Friday 24th May at 5p.m. welcome by the Sucé municipality and the Twinning Committee in the La Papinière Hall (Sucé’s sports hall)
- Saturday 25th May 8.30/9.am. set out for a tour of a Chateau and the town of Saumur.
- Saturday 25th May evening with the host family
- Sunday 26th May 12.30 pm. Twinning Committee Lunch in La Papinière Hall with GABARE a group of musicians and singers (sea shanties, songs of the Loire). Sailor tee shirt and cap or boater for those who dare.
- Sunday 26th May evening with the host family
- Monday 27th May 9am Leave Sucé
- Visit en route to Cherbourg
- Monday 27th May 5pm Cherbourg to Portsmouth (fast ferry)
The initial cost is set at £120 for adults, £60 for children.
Cabins on the outbound overnight leg are an additional £40 for 2 berth, but hurry because it is strictly first come served.
In the event of our over recovering the costs, we will refund everyone pro-rata.
Please email Celia and/or drop round a deposit to 98 Deansfield – please clearly mark any payment (place in envelope with your name on it and the amount contained).
Events for 2013 and beyond
- Cricklade Festival Bottle Stall – 16th June
- Summer BBQ - 27th July
- Wine Tasting - 21st September
- Safari Supper - 23rd November
- Twinning visit 2014 – 14th June 2014