Twinning Visit 2014
The list of visitors for 2014 has arrived and we are sorting out who can host and placing everyone.
We will contact you, when we have sorted this out.
Apologies in advance, to those who are disappointed, but please do come and join us for the activities over the weekend.
This is the itinerary for the weekend
Friday 27th June
- 13.15pm French Colleagues arrive Portsmouth
- tba French Colleagues do something entertaining or diverting
- 17.00pm French Colleagues arrive Cricklade
- 17.30pm Civic Reception hosted by Town Council at the Cricklade town Hall
- 18.30pm Evening with families
Saturday 28th June
- 08.30 Depart for Cotswold visit
- 09.30 Visit Stow-on-the-Wold
- 11.00 Arrive Batsford
- Picnic lunch Cafι Shop etc
- Optional visit to Arboretum (free)
- 14.00pm Arrive for Hook Norton Brewery tour (free)
- 16.30pm Return to Cricklade via Burford & Bibury
- 18.00pm Arrive Cricklade Evening with families
Sunday 29th June
- 12.00noon Cricklade Walk
- 13.00pm BBQ at Brook House and Beer festival
- 18.00pm French Colleagues leave Cricklade
We need to know how many members would like to come to Hook Norton, how many will come to the Civic Reception and how many to the BBQ. So please let Celia Binfield, 98 Deansfield know whether you will be attending any of the events. So if you plan to attend - tel 01793 751137 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are coming to Hook Norton discretely let us know because there is a discount. Thanks
Summer BBQ 2014
Not this year
Because we are doing a good old fashioned British BBQ as part of the Twinning Visit, we have decided to not do the BBQ this year. Two BBQs in a fortnight is a bit much.
The next Committee meetings are:
- Monday 2nd June at Chris's House at 8pm
- Monday 14th July at Janes House at 8pm
Cricklade Festival Stall 2014
We will do a stall at the Cricklade Festival. The Festival is on 15th June which is Fathers Day and this year we are celebrating the Swinging Sixties.
We will be doing a bottle stall as usual, so please drop your bottles off with Jane Whinfrey at the Town Council Office,
Safari Supper 2014
Saturday 27th September
The social event for the end of the year will be a Safari Supper, lots of fun and a good way of getting to know other members. Please note the date has shifted seven days, The cost will be £10.00
Saturday 22nd November
We will make this a fun end of year event Our favourite caller Mr Tickles will be back again.
The cost will be £10.00 - the venue will be the Town Hall
AGM 2014 and Skittles
Monday 20th January
The AGM was held on 20th January.
As usual the AGM was followed by chilli and skittles.
The Committee for 2014 is:
- Chair: Chris Faulkner
- Treasurer: Celia Binfield
- Secretary: Linda Malcolm-Stewart
- Membership: Debbie Dawson
- Publicity: Jane Whinfrey
- Hospitality: Cathy Atkins
- Honorary Cheque Signers: John Petrie, Yvonne Keeble
The Quiz Night was a great success and our thanks to all who helped run the evening, especially Cathy for the food and Celia and Ian for the questions. For the quizzers amongst you there is a Quiz Night at the Leisure Centre this weekend.